By Lawrence Baker
Through using fundamental resource records, readers can know about key critiques and laws within the vital box of animal rights and welfare—a present and hugely suitable topic.
• presents huge insurance of a number of subject matters, starting from ancient occasions and data to the newest advancements within the box of animal rights and welfare
• offers an neutral, balanced illustration of varied political/moral views at the concerns in animals rights and welfare
• deals basic resource material—such because the Wild Horse Annie Act of 1959—that allows readers to check the precise textual content of significant legislation
• supplies readers the assets to attract their very own knowledgeable conclusions through supplying opposing views on often-polarizing animal rights and welfare matters, resembling the morality of utilizing animals for business and scientific examine, restoring wolves to former looking grounds, and preserving very smart dolphins and Orcas in captivity
• contains supplemental fabric that gives extra context
Read or Download Animal Rights and Welfare: A Documentary and Reference Guide: A Documentary and Reference Guide (Documentary and Reference Guides) PDF
Best fishing & outdoors reference books
This notable number of engravings offers designers and advertisement artists with an impressive sourcebook of Victorian-era plant photographs — all royalty-free. integrated are 2,400 crisply certain illustrations of countless numbers of crops — from lilies, lichens, mushrooms and marigolds, to poppies, fingers, maples, and mosses.
A vital agricultural textual content initially released in 1922, Farm Mechanics is strictly that: an in depth yet easy-to-understand guide outlining the entire very important features of operating the land. The advisor is damaged up into sections that disguise each element of farm paintings, from woodworking and cement-laying to farm equipment fix.
First-ever revision of a vintage guidebook. details on each one plant's features, distribution, and medicinal traits in addition to up-to-date taxonomy and 15 new species. the right way to establish and use wild crops for medicinal purposes.
THE TEXAS ALMANAC 2016–2017 comprises those new function articles: • A historical past of Texas’ quite a few nutrition regions—from Tex-Mex to barbecue—written through Dotty Griffith, longtime foodstuff author for The Dallas Morning information and writer of The Texas vacation Cookbook, Celebrating barbeque, and Wild approximately Chili. • a glance on the immense enterprise of Texas wine, together with a historical past of grape transforming into and winemaking, written by means of Melinda Esco, writer of Texas Wineries.
- The Great Outdoors: A User's Guide: Everything You Need to Know Before Heading into the Wild (and How to Get Back in One Piece)
- Fifty Key Thinkers on the Environment (Routledge Key Guides)
- Birds of Indonesien: North-Sulawesi, East-Borneo & Waigeo (fotolulu`s Bildband) (German Edition)
- Field Guide to Grasses of California (California Natural History Guides)
- Wye Valley (Collins New Naturalist Library, Book 105)
- Emissionszertifikatehandel (German Edition)
Additional resources for Animal Rights and Welfare: A Documentary and Reference Guide: A Documentary and Reference Guide (Documentary and Reference Guides)
Animal Rights and Welfare: A Documentary and Reference Guide: A Documentary and Reference Guide (Documentary and Reference Guides) by Lawrence Baker